EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The City of El Paso is hosting a virtual Dia de los Ninos, Dia de los Libros celebration Thursday.
A tradition that began 24 years ago in hopes of joining communities across the county to honor and recognize children, now going virtual.
The celebration will be held through a Facebook Live on April 30 starting at 11 a.m.
According to a release, several City Departments will present fun online activities and programs for children to enjoy from the comfort and safety of their home.
The Public Library, Parks and Recreation, Museums and Cultural Affairs, Animals Services, and the El Paso Zoo will present a variety of virtual activities such as story time for kids, musical performances, cooking demonstrations, tutorials, contests, and more.
A schedule of programs, including times, will be posted on the library’s Facebook page (@Elpasopubliclibrary). To participate from home, families can visit the El Paso Public Library Facebook page anytime starting at 11 a.m.
According to a release, as part of the celebration, the Public Library and the Parks and Recreation Department have teamed up with the Children’s Kingdom to distribute books as part of the meal distribution system.
Books, along with a meal, will be distributed by curbside pick-up at the following sites:
- Galatzan Rec. Center, 650 Wallenberg, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Nolan Richardson Rec. Center, 4435 Maxwell, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Seville Rec Center, 6700 Sambrano, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Marty Robbins Rec Center, 11600 Vista del Sol, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Pavo Real Rec Center, 9301 Alameda, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sue Young Park, 9730 Diana, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.