EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Field Operations officers seized 352 pounds of marijuana.
It happened Tuesday afternoon at the Santa Teresa commercial facility when CBP officers located the drug load in the frame of a flat-bed trailer making entry from Mexico.
According to a release, a CBP officer noticed irregularities during the first inspection and referred the vehicle for an intensive inspection.
The second inspection confirmed the presence of narcotics, and CBP officers found 130 bundles of marijuana from beams that were a part of the trailer, a release said.
“Although anti-terrorism is our primary mission, we remain vigilant to ensure commercial entries are safe and that cargo and conveyances are free of contraband,” said CBP Santa Teresa Port Director Fernando Thome. “I commend the attentiveness of the CBP officers for finding narcotics in what was manifested as an empty trailer.”
According to officials, the drugs were seized and the case remains under investigation.
- CBP: Pedestrian attempts crossing border, drugs hidden inside her body
- Replica grenade among weapons, ammo seized en route to Mexico
- Border officers seize batch of thermometers, not FDA-approved
- Tractor-trailers carrying $8.7 million in meth, pot stopped at South Texas border crossing
- Clorox bottles filled with water seized at Texas border crossing
- Odd little things: CBP airport inspectors keep potentially hazardous items out and grounded
- CBP officers seize fake COVID-19 test kits at LAX
- Mexican man found hiding inside backseat of car at California border crossing
- Bologna bust: Border officers seize prohibited pork product
- Liquid cocaine in shampoo bottles seized, CBP says
- CBP: 2nd mom tries to smuggle meth through same California checkpoint
- Woman hid load of meth inside her body, CBP says
- 2 women attempt to smuggle thousands of rounds of ammunition into Mexico, CBP says
- $6 million in liquid meth seized at South Texas border crossings
- ‘Huge’ load of liquid meth seized at El Paso border crossing