(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- El Paso man told police he wanted to die before being shot to death by law enforcement
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets
- Biden’s immigration plan hits snag after Texas federal judge blocks deportation freeze
- Increase at homeless shelters as El Paso sees freezing temps
- Biden: ‘Waited too long to deal with climate crisis’