HUEYTOWN, Ala. (WIAT) — An Arby’s employee was arrested Saturday after throwing hot grease onto a customer during an altercation in the drive-thru.
According to Hueytown police, officers responded around 3:15 p.m. to the report of an altercation between an employee and a customer.
First responders arrived to provide medical treatment to the victim that had been doused with hot grease.
The victim, who suffered second-degree burns over a large portion of her body, was transported to UAB Hospital for further treatment.
Shea Denise Peoples, 50, was arrested and charged with first-degree assault. Her bond was set at $30,000.
HPD confirms that the case is still under investigation.
- Hyundai recalls thousands of cars over exploding seat belt tighteners
- Five takeaways from primaries in Georgia, Alabama and beyond
- Neighbors, town leaders share what spirit of Speedway is all about
- Dutch Bros. responds after deaf customer finds rude message on receipt: ‘Unacceptable’
- Families mourn, worry as victims begin to be identified in wake of elementary school shooting
- Texas school massacre continues states’ grim run of mass shootings