EL PASO, TEXAS (KTSM) – 17-year-old Abraham Romero’s funeral was held today at Las Cruces first, followed by St. Joseph’s cemetery where he was laid to rest.
Romero was a linebacker for the Organ Mountain Varsity Football team. He lost his life after battling a three week medically induced coma. Romero collapsed at a game earlier in the season.
Community members and family attended to pay their respects and to say their final goodbyes. People were on the streets holding signs that said ‘Abe’. Police and firemen stood roadside, saulting as each vehicle drove into the cemetery.
“It’s a lot to go see your friend in a coffin.”Steve Castille, Organ Mountain Football Coach
“You know its always just gonna be there, its like he never left.”Teammate from Organ Mountain Football Team
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Cold front arrives Saturday
- Canutillo falls to Cooper International in opening day of McDonald’s Classic Basketball Tournament
- As the holidays near, real Christmas tree prices rise in El Paso
- Sun Bowl director: Selection process down to 4 teams ahead of Selection Sunday
- NM State responds to Peake’s call to Aggie locker room, status at university
- Report: Prosecutor quits amid capital murder trial against ex-border agent