EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – A fiery crash on I-10 in East El Paso claimed the lives of two people early Saturday morning.
It happened on I-10 East between the Yarbrough Drive and Lomaland Drive exits at 2:30 a.m. According to El Paso Police, the vehicle crashed, veered off I-10 and struck a tree along the I-10 landscaping. The tree then caught fire.
Police say two people are dead at the scene. A large debris field is visible at the scene.
Motorists are asked to exit I-10 East at Yarbrough and re-enter before Lee Trevino. Expect an extended closure through Saturday morning as EPPD’s Special Traffic Investigators work the scene.
This story will be updated as additional information is made available.
- UTEP upsets No. 21 Middle Tennessee 65-62 on late Jazion Jackson three-pointer
- UTEP men drop road contest at Middle Tennessee, 84-72
- El Paso short-term rental property owners voice their concerns on regulations
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Spring-like weather this weekend
- Escobar to lead congressional delegation of Democrats on tour of El Paso border
- El Paso police respond to fatal stabbing