EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The YWCA El Paso del Norte Region will host its annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes fundraiser on Thursday, October 27th at Southwest University Park at 5:30 pm.
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes supports YWCA’s Sara McKnight Transitional Living Center where the organization provides housing and supportive services for women and children, many of whom have survived domestic violence or other crimes.
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is famous for having men walk in red high-heeled shoes in a sign of solidarity, to challenge gender stereotypes, and to raise awareness of domestic and gender-based violence.
Local boys and men can register to walk and fundraise to support survivors of domestic violence. YWCA’s second Paint the Town Red will start immediately following the end of the walk and will feature live music by local band FM Junkies.
- When: Thursday, October 27th at 5:30 (Paint the Town Red Party to start immediately following the walk)
- Where: Southwest University Park
- Cost: Registration as a ‘walker’ for Walk a Mile is $25. Tickets to the Paint the Town Red are $10
- Registration and tickets can be purchased at the YWCA website
- Hidden gems of Cyber Monday: the best discounts we could find for today only
- Elon Musk says he would support DeSantis in 2024
- How I ditched debt: Two teachers wiped out more than $53,000
- Woman gives birth at McDonald’s, and her baby girl is fittingly nicknamed
- REAL ID deadlines: Don’t miss these dates
- FCC bans import, sale of certain Chinese tech over ‘unacceptable risk to national security’