EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – The Ysleta Independent School District (YISD) took home 21 awards it says for various degrees of excellence in graphic design, videos, writing, publications, and marketing/ recruitment from the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA).
** A correction was made to the previous article written. YISD won 21 awards from the NSPRA in 2022. The YISD won 17 awards from the NSPRA in 2021.
According to the district they’re the top earners of such awards throughout El Paso. The awards won are listed below.
The district’s Department of Public Relations was honored as part of NSPRA’s annual Publications and Digital Media Excellence Awards program, which highlighted outstanding communications work in 2021 and 2022.
There are three levels of recognition within this program – the highest is the Award of Excellence, followed by the Award of Merit and Honorable Mention. Of the 21 entries submitted by Ysleta ISD this year, the district won 17 Awards of Excellence, one Award of Merit, and three Honorable Mentions.
Award of Excellence (17)
- Setting Our Sights on Excellence: Vision 2020
- College & Career Readiness campaign
- Career & Technical Education digital ad
- YISD Early College HS digital ad
- YISD Summer Olympics recruitment ad
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy digital ad
- 2022 YISD Pre-K Recruitment digital ad
- 2022 YISD Pre-K Recruitment Mailer
- 2021 Bel Air HS Topping-Out Ceremony Video
- 2021 Hanks HS “UKnighted” Unified Floorball Team Video
- 2021 Hanks MS Topping-Out Ceremony Video
- 2021 Shoe Giveaway Video
- Honoring Dr. Diana Natalicio Video
- Superintendent’s 2021 Holiday Message Video
- 2021 Vaxx Up or Mask Up Video
- Women’s Equality Day at YWLA Video
- 2022 Texas Teacher of the Year Video
Award of Merit (1)
- 2021 Ysleta ISD Convocation Video
Honorable Mention (3)
- 2021-22 Budget Book
- 2021 Debt Disclosure
- College & Career Readiness Website
Award winners will be featured at the 2022 NSPRA National Seminar, which takes place in July in Chicago.
Every year, NSPRA honors the best work in school communications among public and private school districts; regional or county education service agencies; education agencies; and private businesses serving as partners with those organizations through its National School Communication Awards program.
- El Pasoans protest overturning of Roe V. Wade
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Possible heavy rainfall this weekend
- Josh Duggar transferred to federal facility
- Bill Clinton: Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision has ‘put our democracy at risk’
- Texas lawmakers split down party lines on abortion decision
- “A lot of women are going to die.” Women react to the Supreme Court’s Roe V. Wade decision