EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – In observance of Veterans Day, the city of El Paso has announced hours of operation of administrative offices, parades, events, and special deals for veterans.
The following is a list of city services and their hours of operation for Veterans Day:
- Garbage and recycling collection services will operate regular hours
- The Greater El Paso Landfill will operate regular hours
- All Citizen Collection Stations will operate regular hours
- Municipal Courts will be closed
- County Parks & Recreation administrative offices will be closed. Offices will reopen 8 am November 12.
- One-Stop Shop will be closed
- The Tax Office will be closed
- The El Paso Public Library will be closed
- All recreation centers, senior centers, aquatics facilities and sports fields will be closed
- The El Paso Museum of Archaeology, the El Paso Museum of Art, and the El Paso Museum of History will be closed
- The Animal Services Shelter will be open from 11 am to 2 pm
- The El Paso Zoo will be open from 9:30 am to 3 pm
- Sun Metro will operate regular hours
- The Socorro Independent School District will be closed. Classes and offices will resume November 12.
- El Paso Community College will not have classes or services on November 11. Online registration will remain available for the Spring 2022 semester. Classes will resume November 12.
For more information, you can find a list of closed services and operations posted under the Veterans Day holiday schedule banner on https://www.elpasotexas.gov/.
- Fabens parade on November 10 at 10 am, located at Fabens Veterans Park
- Northeast Veterans Parade on November 11 at 10 am, located at Stahala Dr and Hondo Pass Dr
- Veterans Day Parade for Community Living Center and Domiciliary hosted by West Texas VA Health Care System on November 10 at 10 am at 300 W Veterans Blvd, Big Spring, Texas.
- “Flags Across America” Annual Northeast El Paso Veteran’s Day Parade and Ceremony on November 11 at 10 am on the corner of Stahala Dr and Hondo Pass Dr to continue through Diana Dr to the “Old Glory Memorial” Flag Site at 9550 Gateway N Blvd. The ceremony will commence following the parade at 11 am at 955o Gateway N Blvd.
- Loretto Academy Elementary School Veterans Day Mass on November 11 at 8:30 am in the Loretto Chapel. The school will also have a wall of honor, featuring the school’s veteran families.
- The El Paso Zoo’s veteran sea lion, “Little Bit”, will give a special salute to veterans on November 11 at noon. L.B. is the only U.S. military veteran animal currently at any zoo. L.B. was discharged from the U.S. Naby before arriving at the El Paso zoo. All active-duty military, veterans, and retired military will receive free admisio into the zoon upon the purchase of one paid adult admission on Veterans Day. Several military veterans, the city’s Military and Veterans Affairs Office and the JROTC from Chapin High School will also be in attendance.
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is honoring veterans by offering a free pulled pork sandwich for customers who use the code “VETFREE”.
From November 11 to December 31, “Barbecue at Home” by Dickey’s is taking 15% off all orders for veterans when they use the code “VETERAN15”.
Customers can redeem the offer in-store for carryout and online for pickup all day at their nearest Dickey’s.
Budweiser, in partnership with L&F Distributors:
BBQ meals for all El Paso veterans this month. We invite all veterans to stop by Speaking Rock Casino for a free BBQ plate, a beverage, and more.
Location: Speaking Rock Casino, 122 S Old Pueblo Drive | Until supplies last, must bring military ID.
What: BBQ and Beverages for all Veterans
Time: 5p-10p | Date: Thursday, November 11th, 2021
NM Museum of Space History
Veterans, active duty service members, and National Guard personnel are invited to attend the New Mexico Museum of Space History in Alamogordo on Veterans Day, Thursday, Nov. 11. Admission to the museum for those personnel and their families will be free of charge.
Veterans are asked to provide proof of service with a Form DD-214 or a veteran’s identification card. Active duty service members and National Guard members will need to show a military ID card.
The New Mexico Museum of Space History, a Smithsonian Affiliate, is a division of the NM Department of Cultural Affairs. For more information, call 575-437-2840 or toll free 1-877-333-6589 or visit the website at www.nmspacemuseum.org.
Dunkin’ Donuts is offering veterans a free donut of their choice on November 11 at participating restaurants nationwide to give thanks to veterans and all active military for their service.
Kohl’s is offering veterans, active and former military personnel, and their immediate families 30% off in-store purchases from November 11 through November 14.
7-11: Cup of coffee free with the app
Applebee’s: Free meal from limited menu
BJ’s Restaurant: Complimentary entree up to $14.95 and free Dr. Pepper
Brick House Tavern + Tap: Parties of up to four get 20 percent off
Buffalo Wild Wings: Free order of boneless wings and a side of fries
Chili’s Grill & Bar: Complimentary meal from a select menu
Cicis Pizza: Free adult buffet
Cracker Barrel: Free slice of double fudge Coca-Cola cake w/meal
Denny’s: Free build-your-own grand slam breakfast (5 a.m.-noon)
Einstein Bros. Bagels: Free hot or iced medium coffee
Famous Dave’s: Free Georgia chopped pork sandwich plus a side
Golden Corral: Free lunch or dinner buffet and beverage
Grimaldi’s Pizzeria: 25% off
Hooters: 10 free boneless wings with the purchase of any 10
IHOP: Free red, white and blue pancakes
Khol’s: 30% off in-store purchases from Thursday, November 11 through Sunday, November 14. This special discount is double what Kohl’s offers as part of “Military Mondays” – a 15% in-store discount for active and former military personnel, veterans, and their immediate families every Monday — all year long.
Learn more about how Kohl’s is honoring active and former military personnel this Veterans Day, and year-round, here
Krispy Kreme: Free Doughnut & Coffee
Little Caesars Pizza: Free lunch combo and drink
Logan’s Roadhouse: Free meal 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Menchie’s: Free six-ounce frozen yogurt
Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion and a beverage
Red Lobster: Free appetizer or dessert
Starbucks: Free tall (12-ounce) hot brewed coffee
Taco Cabana: Free ground beef or shredded chicken taco
TCBY: First six-ounces are free
Texas Roadhouse: Free meal vouchers (11 am to 2 pm)
Twin Peaks: Free meal from select menu
Village Inn: Free V.I.B. breakfast
Wendy’s: Free small breakfast combo
Wienerschnitzel: Free chili dog with a small fry and a small Pepsi
Wild Wing Cafe: Free meal from a select menu
CLOSURES El Paso County Parks & Recreation Veterans Day Observance
In observance of Veterans Day, the El Paso County Parks & Recreation administrative offices will be closed, Thursday, November 11th. The offices will re-open at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 12th.
To honor our local Veterans for their service, the Parks and Recreations Department will display United State Military flags inside the Ascarate Golf Course Lobby. We invite all Veterans to enjoy a free coffee courtesy of Primo’s Café located inside the clubhouse. Vouchers will be available at the pro shop.
- El Paso County Sportspark administrative offices
- Ascarate Golf Course – 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- All County Parks – 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
El Paso County Parks & Recreation would like to remind the public that all county parks are alcohol and tobacco free facilities.
For more information, please visit us at epcountyparks.com or call 915-771-2380.