EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – A man is behind bars after being caught speeding in a stolen SUV.
According to the El Paso Police Department (EPPD), on Friday, May 20th , an officer from the Auto Theft Task Force saw a Maroon Jeep Cherokee driving at a high rate of speed on Lindbergh Avenue.
The officer recognized the Cherokee as a stolen vehicle.
The officer followed the Cherokee until it came to a stop on I-10 West and Artcraft, due to backed-up traffic.
Officers approached the Cherokee and placed the driver, 21-year-old Jalen Ali Martin under arrest.
Martin was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility under the following charges
- Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle, $10,000 bond
- Evading Arrest and Detention with a Vehicle.
- Guitarist Carlos Santana collapses during performance in Michigan
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances continue this week
- Man arrested after stabbing attempt, fleeing deputies
- Downtown CVS to close down for good
- FDA temporarily suspends order banning sales of Juul
- UT Austin now tracking drug overdoses in Texas