EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – A man is behind bars after allegedly driving while intoxicated, trying to run from police, biting an officer and resisting arrest.
According to El Paso Police Department (EPPD) officials, on Wednesday, June 15, officers spotted 37-year old Rogelio Fernando Guevara behind the wheel of a vehicle with no registration sticker. When they approached him, the also found him to be intoxicated, and handcuffed him.
While one officer was completing the DWI arrest, Guevara attempted to run from the second officer.
Guevara was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility on Wednesday, June 15 after receiving medical treatment. He has been charged with the following:
- Charge: Assault on a Public Servant Bond: $10,000
- Charge: Resisting Arrest, Search or Transport Bond: $1,500
- Charge: Driving While Intoxicated Bond: $1,500
- UTEP, New Mexico State zeroing in on start of football season
- El Paso man sentenced to 10 years for coercion of a child
- ‘Treacherous Crossing’ art piece to honor El Paso WWII heroes
- Rockets decline to extend qualifying offer to former NM State star Trevelin Queen
- Locomotive FC plays to scoreless draw on the road at Rio Grande Valley
- CBP policy change: Lawsuit eased restrictions on camera use at ports of entry