EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The El Paso Police Department (EPPD) announced Friday morning the arrest of a man for injuring a 3-year-old Chihuahua named Millie.
EPPD officials say 29-year-old Anthony Leonard Moore of West El Paso, was arrested after Westside Patrol Officers responded to an animal cruelty charge shortly before 4 a.m. along the 100 block of South Resler.
According to the EPPD, officers received information that Moore had struck Millie on the torso five times.
A warrant for Moore was issued and he was arrested and transported to the El Paso County Detention Facility.
Moore is charged with Cruelty to Non-Livestock Animals, under a bond of $2500.
- Melendez goes yard again, now 1 home run from tying Texas single-season record
- Chapin’s Antwonne Holmes to walk on at UTEP; Americas’ Brooks, Hernandez participate in TABC All-Star Game
- Americas softball 1 win from Elite 8; Del Valle baseball on brink of elimination
- OKC Dodgers top Chihuahuas 4-3 on walk-off hit
- Horizon area man frustrated with his property tax appraisals
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Cooler temperatures and possible rain chances Sunday