EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – El Paso Locomotive FC announced its Goals for Good initiative on Friday, as the Club continues its mission to champion success in the El Paso community.
Club officials say that as part of the Goals for Good campaign, the El Paso Locomotive FC Foundation will donate $100 for every Locomotive goal scored at Southwest University Park.
The amount contributed will be split evenly among three local organizations – Downs in Motion, Boy Scouts Yucca Council, and the American Youth Soccer Organization Region 272 – at the end of the USL Championship regular season, which ends October 8 for the Locomotive.
The next chance to score for donations will be on Saturday, June 25 when the Locos take the pitch at home vs. New York Red Bulls II. The Locomotive have scored 20 goals at home in nine home games this season.
The night will feature a Locos fleece blanket giveaway for the first 1,500 fans through the gates and a post-match firework show for fans in attendance to enjoy.
Gates open at 6:30 p.m. MT with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. MT. Tickets are available online or by calling 915-235-GOAL.
The regular season will end at home, October 8 vs. Orange County SC.
Locomotive has played eight of its 17 home games so far in the 2022 season. The Locos have played in high scoring games that have resulted in Locomotive finding four goals against Las Vegas Lights FC and five against Monterey Bay F.C.
The Boys in Blue are on track to surpass last year’s 36 goal record, with nine home games remaining at Southwest University Park.
- No ‘option of fleeing’: Witness describes parade shooting
- Be Prepared in Case of Storms; Heavy Rain Threat & Strong Storm Potential Next Two Days — Your 9-Day Forecast
- Inflation hits Independence Day celebrations for some El Paso area families
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect captured
- PHOTOS: Chaos unfolds as gunman opens fire at Highland Park Fourth of July parade
- Documents show Palestine man admitted to involvement in San Antonio smuggling incident