LAS CRUCES, NM (KTSM) – The Las Cruces Police Department continues investigating a shooting that happened on Wednesday, June 15 that injured a 39-year-old man.
LCPD do not want to release that name of the victim who is currently in the hospital and in stable condition, but say that they have identified a person of interest and there is no threat to the public.
On Wednesday around 5:40 p.m., LCPD responded to a call about a victim suffering from a gunshot wound. Officers located a 39-year-old man who was suffering from at least one gunshot wound. Medical aid was rendered, and the victim was transported to a local hospital.
Witnesses to this shooting, or anyone with information regarding this incident, are asked to contact Las Cruces police at (575) 526-0795.
- El Paso County hosting COVID-19 booster drive
- Senate panel seeking information on MLB’s antitrust exemption
- Texas Health and Human Services launches a family resource website
- How do Texas gun laws compare to other states?
- Explainer: What happens when a 13-year-old is charged with murder in Texas?
- FDA panel recommends COVID-19 vaccine update as virus evolves