EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — With the new year being a time for taking stock, an annual review of insurance policies may be one item to check on the list.
The New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance is reminding residents to examine their current insurance information and see if any changes need to be adjusted within their premium rates, amongst other items.
Other considerations might be a policy holder’s life situation such as marital status, address information, family size and circumstance or the purchase of a new automobile or home, which might make might an sizeable effect.
It is recommended that an insurance holder look over each individual policy to ensure that they have the proper protection.
Here are the dominant, or primary, types of major insurance policies that consumers acquire:
- health (though these are generally renewed before the end of each year)
- protection from scams, data breaches and identity theft
There are also a lot of questions that one must consider, including affordability. Have you lost your job due to the COVID-19 pandemic? Then your financial situation has changed.
The peril of the current financial strain has caused many Americans to reduce their budget, thus excluding any type of insurance. But there is help. For New Mexicans who need health insurance, for instance, the COVID-19 Health Insurance Helpline at 1-833-415-0566 is one place to start.
- Adler joins other mayors to press Biden administration on gun violence prevention
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Near record heat possible Father’s Day weekend
- OKC Dodgers clip Chihuahuas 8-3 in series finale
- Over 30 migrants found suffering from heat related illness in semi-truck traveling through Van Horn
- Gaza violence erupts for first time since end of last month’s fighting