Shed accidentally catches fire in East Las Cruces neighborhood

Las Cruces News
fire_mgn1_20150326082531

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – An East Las Cruces shed caught fire Monday night with the owner inside.

The fire happened at about 10 p.m. in the 4900 block of Davis Road, the Las Cruces Police Department said in a news release. The owner was able to escape without injuries.

The fire department was able to put the fire out in about 20 minutes, but it caused about $1,000 in damages, the release said.

“Fire investigators learned that the property owner set a small fire inside the shed, for warmth, while working in it,” the release said. It’s believed that small fire spread to a box of plastics and then to other parts of the shed. Fire investigators learned the property owner tried to move the box outdoors but was unable to do so.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

KTSM Video Center

Medical providers encourage early breast cancer screenings

Thumbnail for the video titled "Medical providers encourage early breast cancer screenings"

Protecting your pets at the groomer

Thumbnail for the video titled "Protecting your pets at the groomer"

Gov. Abbott on possibility of canceling high school football: "That's not the outcome we want to see"

Thumbnail for the video titled "Gov. Abbott on possibility of canceling high school football: "That's not the outcome we want to see""

El Paso COVID test sites will no longer require appointments

Thumbnail for the video titled "El Paso COVID test sites will no longer require appointments"

Texas GOP to move toward online state convention after court defeat

Thumbnail for the video titled "Texas GOP to move toward online state convention after court defeat"

Two day old U.S. Citizen expelled from country

Thumbnail for the video titled "Two day old U.S. Citizen expelled from country"
More Local
Advertise with KTSM 9 Link