LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (KTSM) – Authorities in New Mexico are investigating a shooting that sent one man to the hospital late Tuesday evening.
According to U.S. Border Patrol, a chase began at around 10:39 p.m. after a driver sped away from the I-25 Immigration Checkpoint in Las Cruces.
Officials said that agents started pursuing the vehicle in an effort to try to stop it and that New Mexico State Police provided assistance in the vehicle chase.
The vehicle then came to a stop on I-25 and authorities said that’s when an officer-involved shooting took place.
The suspect was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries, officials said.
Details on what led to the shooting are still limited at this time.
Officials said an investigation is underway.
- Aggies put 21-game win streak on the line at Santa Clara on Saturday
- UTEP set to host Sul Ross State after brief pause to season
- #9OT scores, highlights: Week 10
- Lawmakers push bill to allow further private and public donations for border crossings
- US adds 245,000 jobs in November as virus threatens economy’s slow comeback