LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (KTSM) – On Thursday, the New Mexico Department of Health reported 108 new COVID-19 cases including three new cases in Doña Ana County.
Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
- 51 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 2 new cases in Cibola County
- 1 new case in Curry County
- 3 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 2 new cases in Eddy County
- 18 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Otero County
- 3 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 5 new cases in Sandoval County
- 19 new cases in San Juan County
- 1 new case in Santa Fe County
- 1 new case in Socorro County
- 1 new case among individuals held by federal agencies at the Otero County Prison Facility
New Mexico health officials also reported six new deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19.
The cases includes three people in McKinley County. Their ages ranged from 20s to 70s. Another death was reported in Bernalillo County. The patient was a man in his 80s. A man from Rio Arriba County also died from complications of COVID-19. Finally, health officials announced a death in San Juan County. The victim was a woman in her 60s who had underlying health conditions.
The number of COVID-19 deaths in New Mexico now stands at 335 as of Thursday, May 28.
With Thursday’s announcement, Doña Ana County has now reported a total of 442 COVID-19 cases.
Health officials also report COVID-19 cases in Otero County Prison Facility, Otero County Processing Center, and the Torrance County Detention Facility.
As of Thursday, there are 196 people who have been hospitalized in New Mexico for COVID-19. There are 2,684 COVID-19 cases that have been designated as having recovered by the New Mexico Department of Health.
The Department of Health has identified at least one positive COVID-19 case in residents and/or staff in the past 28 days at the following congregate living and acute care facilities:
- Advanced Health Care of Albuquerque in Albuquerque
- Avamere Rehab at Fiesta Park in Albuquerque
- Aztec Health Care in Aztec
- Bear Canyon Nursing and Rehab Center in Albuquerque
- Beehive Homes in Farmington
- Belen Meadows in Belen
- Bonney Family Home in Gallup
- Casa De Oro Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Del Sol Center in Las Cruces
- Casa Maria Health Care Center in Roswell
- Cedar Ridge Inn in Farmington
- Central Desert Behavioral Health in Albuquerque
- Clayton Nursing and Rehab in Clayton
- Dungarvin New Mexico, LLC in Gallup
- Good Samaritan Society in Grants
- Heartland Continuing Care Center in Portales
- La Vida Llena in Albuquerque
- Legacy Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Life Care Center of Farmington in Farmington
- Little Sisters of the Poor in Gallup
- McKinley Care Center in Gallup
- MorningStar Assisted Living & Memory Care of Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Pacifica Senior Living Center Santa Fe in Santa Fe
- Prime Care Assisted Living in Albuquerque
- Red Rocks Care Center in Gallup
- Retirement Ranches, Inc. in Clovis
- Robin House Assisted Living Center in Albuquerque
- Sandia Ridge Center in Albuquerque
- San Juan Center in Farmington
- Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites in Albuquerque
- Sundance Care Home in Gallup
- Tohatchi Area Opportunity Services (TAOS) in Tohatchi
- Uptown Genesis in Albuquerque
- The Village at Alameda in Albuquerque
- The Village at Northrise in Las Cruces
- Wellbrook Transitional Rehabilitation Center in Farmington