EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A 47-year-old California man died in a single-vehicle motorcycle crash that occurred late Sunday evening in Las Cruces.
Prashanth J. Williams, 47, of Irvine, Calif., died from injuries he sustained in Sunday evening’s crash, according to the Las Cruces Police Department.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Sunday, Las Cruces police were dispatched to a crash that occurred near the intersection of south Campo Street and east Arizona Avenue. Officers arrived to find Williams critically injured and unresponsive with his motorcycle nearby.
He was transported to Mountainview Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Traffic investigators learned Williams was traveling south on Campo Street and failed to negotiate a curve on the roadway near east Arizona Avenue. The motorcycle struck a curb and crashed in the undeveloped lot near the intersection. Williams, who was wearing a helmet, was alone on the motorcycle. Investigators do not believe any other vehicles were involved in the crash.
The investigation is ongoing, and Williams’ remains will be sent to the state medical investigator’s office for autopsy.
- Delicious or disaster: pet-friendly Thanksgiving foods
- Doña Ana County reports 202 new virus cases, 4 new deaths
- Mexican police nab alleged fugitive from the DEA in Juarez
- Aaron and Alvin Jones foundation donates more than 100 turkeys to families in need
- City of El Paso hires legal counsel to help collect Trump campaign’s outstanding debt