El PASO, TX (KTSM) – Devyn Stewart is only a sophomore at Andress High School but says he’s already been accepted to attend Rice University, now its about earning money to pay his way.
While he has received a scholarship, he needs to raise $5,000 more dollars to be able to attend. Right now the Stewart brothers have raised only $1,000.
Devyn and his brother have been raising money since school ended so that he can attend college in two years. The two are selling waters and doing yard work to raise the money.
He says he is not yet fully committed to Rice but is still hoping for more opportunities.
Stewart says he is proud to pay for his college on his own and says giving up is not in his vocabulary. You can help Devyn by buying a water, getting yard work done, or by Cashapp @$devynste.
- Cowboys set to open preseason against Broncos at Mile High on Saturday
- Locomotive FC rally from three-goal deficit for 4-4 draw with Colorado Springs
- Chihuahuas defeat Space Cowboys 6-4 to snap 3-game losing streak
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Dryer conditions this weekend
- Chiefs legend, Hall of Famer Len Dawson in hospice care
- UPDATE: Arrests made in shooting that injured a mom and toddler