EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — El Pasoans of reproductive age are encouraged to seek preventative health services.
The City of El Paso Department of Public Health (DPH) is encouraging the community to seek care, including vital health exams, family planning services or treatments, at the CommUnity Care Center, located at 5115 El Paso Drive. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
CommUnity Care Center services include:
- Reproductive physical exam
- Screening for smoking and alcohol/substance use/abuse
- Cervical cancer screening
- HCV testing and linkage to care
- Breast exams
- Pap smears
- Effective birth control methods
- Vasectomies (though partnering provider)
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Basic infertility services
- STD prevention education, screening and treatment
- HIV testing and referral for treatment and prevention to include evidence-based interventions, assessment and PrEP services
- Counseling on effective methods to prevent pregnancy and STDs
- Referral services to primary care and other medical/ social services
Those with a household income at or below 250 percent of the current Federal Poverty Level may apply for a discount and services will not be denied based on an individual’s inability to pay.
Initial appointments can be made online via the City’s Q-Less link or call (915) 212-0200 and select option 5. For more information, call the CommUnity Care Center at (915) 212-6731 or visit EPHealth.com CommUnity Care Center.