EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – The Extreme Weather Task Force (EWTF) will host a special fan drive event this Tuesday, July 12th from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Shamaley Ford car dealership located at 11301 Gateway West, El Paso, TX 79936.
EWTF volunteers also plan to use Tuesday’s event to efficiently deliver fans to qualifying individuals who’ve requested a fan.
“It’s an urgent situation. We’ve received 478 fan requests. Donations have been low this year and we’re only at the beginning of the summer.”
According to the El Paso Medical Examiner’s Office, there were 3 heat-related deaths in El Paso County last summer.
Since 2004, the Extreme Weather Task Force (EWTF) has collected and delivered more than 10,000 free electric box fans to qualifying elderly and needy families in our community.
New fan donations can be dropped off any time at local fire stations in El Paso and Horizon City. Those in need of a fan who meet EWTF criteria should call 2-1-1.
Corporate and monetary donations are welcome payable to the APS Silver Star Board. The APS Silver Star Board mailing address is 401 E. Franklin Ave, Suite 350, Attention Grace Ortiz, and El Paso, Texas 79901.
- Coronado sweeps El Paso High 3-0 to open high school volleyball season
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances decrease Wednesday
- Dona Ana Community College implements new textbook program for students
- El Paso “mansion party” house connected to convicted drug trafficker
- EPPD: Large sinkhole in central El Paso; one person injured
- Watch: Plane lands on California highway, starts on fire