EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Officials with the El Paso Police Department (EPPD) announced Friday the arrest of a suspect in Thursday morning’s shooting in West El Paso.
EPPD officers arrested 21-year-old Matthew Romero for the shooting that stemmed from an argument at a West El Paso Bar.
RELATED STORY: Man shot in west El Paso, EPPD investigating
At 2:30 a.m. EPPD officers from the Westside Patrol responded to a call of a shooting along the 6200 block of Dew in West El Paso.
When officers arrived they found 30-year-old Bryan Otherson on the ground with gunshot wounds. Officers provided first aid to the victim until he was transported to the hospital by emergency crews.
Officials say Otherson is listed in critical, but stable condition.
EPPD’s Crimes Against Persons Detectives arrived at the scene and began their investigation. According to detectives, Romero and Otherson had been in a “verbal altercation’ at at Lloyd’s Pub. They said both men left Lloyd’s Pub and the altercation continued as they left.
Detectives added that Romero, at some point, brandished a handgun and shot Otherson.
A warrant was obtained for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon with a bond of $150,000.00.
Romero was later apprehended and booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility.
- Melendez goes yard again, now 1 home run from tying Texas single-season record
- Chapin’s Antwonne Holmes to walk on at UTEP; Americas’ Brooks, Hernandez participate in TABC All-Star Game
- Americas softball 1 win from Elite 8; Del Valle baseball on brink of elimination
- OKC Dodgers top Chihuahuas 4-3 on walk-off hit
- Horizon area man frustrated with his property tax appraisals
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Cooler temperatures and possible rain chances Sunday