EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – With the Monsoon Season underway, officials with El Paso Water announced the schedule for sandbag distribution on Monday.
The seasonal satellite Sandbag distribution sites will open July 5 – September 30.
The Stormwater Operations Center, located at 4801 Fred Wilson Ave., will remain open throughout the year. Customers can get sandbags for flood control Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
El Paso Water encourages residential customers who live in areas prone to flooding to have sandbags on hand before most heavy rain begins.
Sandbags are free to residential customers for flood-control purposes only. The limit is 10 sandbags per visit. You will need to show a Texas ID or an El Paso Water bill to get sandbags. Persons who cannot lift heavy items should be accompanied by someone who can assist with loading and unloading the bags.
|Sandbag Distribution Sites|
Stormwater Operations Center
4801 Fred Wilson Ave. (map)
El Paso, TX 79904
Mon – Fri
Sat – Sun
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
|West||Artcraft Booster Station|
7830 Paseo Del Norte (map)
El Paso, TX 79912
Mon – Sun
|East/Mission Valley||Blackie Chesher Park|
9292 Escobar Drive (map)
El Paso, TX 79907
|Mon – Sun||Closed|
- No ‘option of fleeing’: Witness describes parade shooting
- Be Prepared in Case of Storms; Heavy Rain Threat & Strong Storm Potential Next Two Days — Your 9-Day Forecast
- Inflation hits Independence Day celebrations for some El Paso area families
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect captured
- PHOTOS: Chaos unfolds as gunman opens fire at Highland Park Fourth of July parade
- Documents show Palestine man admitted to involvement in San Antonio smuggling incident