EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – Today, the City of San Elizario will vote on a Mayor. Three candidates stand on the ballot: incumbent Antonio Araujo, Isela Reyes, and Ramon Rojas.
The two Texas constitutional amendments on the line today on the ballot will dictate whether or not to lower property taxes through directing the state to take on more public school costs. The amendments would expand homestead exemptions that lower the property values upon which property taxes can be deemed.
On the ballot today, the vote for Alderperson Place No. 4, Antonio Flores and Eric Montes. The incumbent of Alderperson Place 4, Irene D. Jaquez, is not on the ballot. Thomas Black is the sole name on the ballot for Alderperson Place 5. The incumbent of Place 5, George Almanzar, is not on the ballot.
In Anthony, New Mexico, Alderman Place No. 3 will be between Fernando Ramirez and Soledad Flores.
Alderman Place No. 4 has Eluterio F. Alfaro as the sole name on the ballot.
For Alderman Place No. 5 Eduardo Chavez is the sole name on the ballot.
- Bird-watcher falsely accused in racist Central Park encounter gets Nat Geo show
- WATCH: Raw ride along footage of Mesquite Heat fire devastation
- Title 42 won’t keep migrants out, will put their lives at risk, advocates say
- East Texas father pleads guilty to abuse of son’s corpse
- Bill Mattingly Scholarship has found its 5 scholarship awardees
- Burrito tape: Students invent edible adhesive to seal tortilla