EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso’s Frontera Bugalú is hosting a cumbia festival on Saturday, May 21st, 2022 at 501 Texas Avenue, in downtown El Paso.
Organizer say they are hoping to it will be the first of many cumbia festivals to come to the city.
The festival will feature several local and regional cumbia acts and djs as well as booths from local organizations, tequila and mezcal tasting, and a dance competition.
“We want to expose people to all the different styles of cumbia and hope the show gets bigger every year.”Kiko Rodriguez of Frontera Bugalú
The festival will consist of original cumbia music from up-and-coming acts like Wamaygallo (El Paso) and vinyl DJ vibes from Rodriga Rockmore (El Paso/ Juarez). Also featured are the chicha stylings of Ritmo Cascabel (Denver) and of course a highly anticipated closing set from Frontera Bugalu (El Paso).
Tickets are on sale online at Hold My Ticket. Tickets can be purchased on line $14 advance/$20 at the door.
- House Republicans weigh national abortion restrictions
- Graham’s relationship with Trump comes back to bite him
- Brittney Griner’s Moscow trial resumes amid calls for US to seek deal
- Elon Musk had eight and ninth children with top executive last year: report
- Embattled UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson to resign
- Lawsuit: Camera found inside Texas Vrbo rental property bedroom, homeowners sued