EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – As the forecast winter storm moves into and through the Borderland, we will have the latest information on closures, delays, and other situations that could impact your day. All will be updated as soon as the information comes into our newsroom.
The ‘quick hits’ at the top will be closure info only, for more information/statements, you can scroll down the page. For info on the city’s Warming Centers, click here.
Should you have weather pictures, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include them below.
QUICK CLOSURE/DELAY INFORMATION
->Transmountain Drive Closed: Loop 375 West, All traffic must exit at US-54 exit 21; Loop 375 East Transmountain at Paseo Del Norte, All traffic must exit at Paseo Del Norte exit 12
- TTUHSC EL PASO- Staggered Start Friday – The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Foster School of Medicine, Hunt School of Nursing, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Hunt School of Dental Medicine students, faculty and staff will report for in-person learning at their normally scheduled times on Friday, Feb. 4. All Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso clinics will open at their normally scheduled times. All other non-essential personnel will report under a two-hour delay.
- EPCC – Delayed Opening (10a.m.) Friday – 10:00 a.m. delayed start. Classes before 10:00 a.m. will be online and all other classes will meet as scheduled. Employees should report at 10:00 a.m
Information in Bold/Italic is updated.
- City of El Paso – Non Essential Offices – Closed Thursday
- El Paso County Courthouse/Offices – Closed, staff on telework Thurs/Fri
- El Paso/Fabens COVID Sites – Two Hour Delay
- UTEP – Resume Regular Hours
- NMSU – Delayed Opening (11a.m.) Thursday
- DACC – Delayed Opening (11a.m.) Thursday
- El Paso ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Ysleta ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Socorro ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Canutillo ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Fabens ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Clint ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- San Eli ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Tornillo ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Anthony ISD – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Gadsden ISD – In Person School Cancelled – Remote Learning on Friday
- Las Cruces Public Schools- In-Person School Friday
- Harmony – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Idea Public Schools – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Catholics Schools – Two Hour Delayed Start Friday
- Burnhamwood Charter School District – All 4 Schools Closed Thursday
- LaFe – Clinics, Facilities, La Fe Preparatory – Closed Thursday
- El Paso VA Facilities – Operating on three hour delayed opening Thursday
- Sunshine Christian School – In-Person School Friday
- YWCA El Paso – All Facilities closed Thursday
- New Mexico Museum of Space History – Alamogordo Closed Thursday
- City of Alamogordo – Modified schedules/closures Thursday
- White Sands Missile Range – Delayed Opening (10a.m.) Thursday
- Las Cruces International Airport – Closed through at least Friday (7a.m.)
WINTER STORM GALLERY
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted floating in Yellowstone hot spring
- Biden keeps student loan borrowers in suspense over payment pause
- Judge orders Starbucks to reinstate fired workers who led unionization effort
- Ghillie suits can’t help migrants avoid detection
- UTEP Fall Camp Burning Questions: How destructive can the defensive line be?