EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso Police Department (EPPD) officials say a man is behind bars after leaving a toddler in a car while he was inside a local casino.
According to the EPPD, officers responded to 122 South Old Pueblo Road, after getting a call about a toddler left inside a car in the parking lot of Speaking Rock.
EPPD officers, with the help of Ysleta Del Sur Tribal Police and Casino Security, found the driver, 22-year-old Angel Mendez inside of the casino.
Officers arrested Mendez and charged him with Abandoning or Endangering Child With Intent to Return, a State Jail Felony.
Police add that the child was taken to the hospital for evaluation, found uninjured, and turned over to the mother.
- Hot, Gusty Winds Sunday; Lighter Winds Memorial Day; T-Storms Thursday — Your 9-Day Forecast
- Americas defeats Flower Mound Marcus 4-1; advances to Final Four
- LIST: Great movies for your Memorial Day weekend
- GALLERY: VP Harris visits Buffalo for mass shooting victim’s funeral
- Officials warn ahead of mosquito season