EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — Walmart officials said a third El Paso location has been temporarily closed so the store can be deep cleaned and sanitized.
The location, which closed at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, is at 7101 Gateway Blvd. W., near Cielo Vista Mall. The store will re-open at 7 a.m. on Thursday.
Walmart said the temporary closure is part of a company-initiated program to allow third-party cleaning crews time to thoroughly clean and sanitize the building, as well as giving associates time to restock shelves.
“Everything we’re doing is for the well-being of our associates and customers, and in consideration of guidance by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and health experts. When the store reopens Thursday, we will continue conducting associate health screens and temperature checks, and all associates will be provided with facemasks and gloves,” the company said in a written statement provided to KTSM 9 News.
The company added that the store will continue working with elected and local health officials to serve the community while keeping associates and customers safe.
- ‘Christmas Star’ to light up December sky for first time in 800 years
- Dona Ana County reports 6 new virus deaths, 113 new cases
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear
- Pop-up school for US asylum seekers thrives despite pandemic
- FBI warns consumers against online shopping scams this holiday season