In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, all City of El Paso administrative offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday.
While many City services and facilities remain affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the following City operations and services will be closed:
- No Garbage/Recycling Collection on Thanksgiving Day and Friday
- Recycling Collection to take place Monday, November 23
- Trash Collection to take place Monday, November 30
- Greater El Paso Landfill closed November 26, 27 and 28
- Citizen Collection Stations closed November 26, 27 and 28
- Sun Metro and South Central Regional Transit District bus service suspended on Thanksgiving Day
- No service on Friday, the day after the Thanksgiving Holiday for the following South Central Regional Transit District bus routes: Green, Red, Purple, Turquoise and Silver; service on the new Yellow bus route operating from Sunland Park to downtown El Paso will resume bus service on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 27th, 28th and 29th.
- Animal Services Shelter closed
- Municipal Court closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday, November 27
- Wi-Fi Centers closed November 25-28
- Recreation centers, senior centers, aquatics facilities, sports fields, City museums, public libraries and the El Paso Zoo remain closed.
- El Paso ISD, Socorro ISD, Ysleta ISD, Canutillo ISD, Clint ISD to be closed the week of November 23-27
- University of Texas at El Paso will be closed on Nov. 26 and Nov. 27
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27.
- TTUHSC El Paso libraries will close at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 25, and reopen at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30.
- Dona Ana Community College closed from Nov. 23 to Nov. 27th
Several COVID-19 testing sites will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, in observation of the Thanksgiving holiday, but will resume their regular schedule on Friday, November 27, 2020.
The following two City testing sites will remain open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 26:
- Memorial Park, 1701 N. Copia St.
- Eastwood Park (also known as Album Park), 3110 Parkwood St.
The City will close the Eastside testing site, 301 George Perry Blvd., and the Westside testing site, 7400 High Ridge Dr., on Thursday, Nov. 26. The two sites will resume their regular hours of operation on Friday, November 27. Appointments are required for the City testing sites and can be made by scheduling online.
All State testing sites will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and will resume regular hours on Friday, November 27. The state sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Sunday, are listed below:
- Ascarate Park, 6800 Delta, El Paso, TX
- El Paso Community College Valle Verde Campus, 919 Hunter Dr., El Paso, TX
- Nation Tobin Recreation Center, 8831 Railroad Dr., El Paso, TX
- SISD Student Activities Complex, 1300 Joe Battle Blvd., El Paso, TX
- UTEP Schuster 1 Parking Lot (Shuster Avenue and Spur 1966 Roundabout, on the south side of the complex), El Paso, TX
- Eastside Sports Complex, 14380 Montwood, El Paso, TX
- Region 19 Kenworthy Complex, 9776 Kenworthy, El Paso, TX
All State Rural testing sites will also be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and will resume regular hours on Friday, Nov. 27. The State Rural sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, are listed below:
- West Valley Fire St., 510 Vinton Rd., Anthony, TX
- ESD #2 HQ, 16001 Socorro Rd., Fabens, TX
- Newsfeed Now: US COVID-19 cases top 14M; Justin Timberlake helps family in need
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Andrea’s Thursday forecast on 9
- Weather on the go; Our coolest day just yet dropping us to below freezing temperatures Thursday morning
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan