Tax preparers with the Volunteer Income Tax Assist, or “VITA” program are offering free tax filing services Monday, April 15, which is the IRS tax deadline.
The local program has 200 IRS certified volunteers, including bilingual tax preparers.
The free service is available to households that make $54,000 a year or less. Online self-serve filing is available for families that with an annual income of $62,000 or less.
These are the VITA sites providing services for last minute returns all day Monday:
- GECU Operations Center: 9 a.m. -7 p.m.
- Bowling Family YMCA: 8 a.m. -Noon & 1 p.m – 3 p.m.
- Bel Air High School: 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Del Valle High School: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Pebble Hills High School-4:30-7 PM
- Ysleta del Sur Pueblo: 9:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. (First 15 People)
- Socorro High School: 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Centro Comunitario Socorro Ramirez: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Clint Early College Academy Clint, TX: 4:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Horizon High School Horizon City, TX: 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.