EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — Todd Fincher and his 4-year-old filly, Slammed, will run in the Breeders cup in Lexington Kentucky this weekend. Fincher and Slammed qualified for the race by winning the Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes.
Fincher is a Sunland Park trainer who has been training for over 25 years and was previously a jockey for 10 years. He has another horse, Senor Buscador, who will also be at the race this weekend.
Slammed is owned by Brad and Suzanne King and Barbabra Coleman but was bred by Fincher and Brad King.
The Breeders cup will be simulcast at Sunland Park here in El Paso with doors opening at 8 a.m. on Saturday Nov., 5.
- Warnock wins Georgia Senate runoff, expanding Democratic majority
- Student loan forgiveness: Millions mistakenly told their debt relief was approved
- UTEP engineering professor selected to lead governing board that oversees El Paso Water
- Former El Paso DA Jaime Esparza confirmed as U.S. attorney for Western District of Texas
- Democratic Sen. Warnock defeats Walker in Georgia runoff
- Beds full at El Paso Children’s Hospital as flu, RSV and COVID-19 spread