One of the men arrested last week in a prostitution sting by the Texas Department of Public Safety was a Socorro High School teacher. He has since resigned.
Mark Williams, 60, was one of 13 men arrested on suspicion of “agreeing to pay a fee to engage in sexual conduct,” during a four-day human trafficking operation from Aug. 27-30.
The Socorro High School website shows Williams was an Instructional Coach, Department Chair and U.S. HIstory teacher. A Socorro Independent School District spokesman confirmed he had been with the district for about 20 years.
The complete list of individuals arrested are:
- Carlos Osvaldo Meyers Jr., 22, of El Paso, Texas
- Isaac Jacob Aguilar, 29, of El Paso, Texas
- Matthew Adams, 20, of El Paso, Texas
- Timothy Oneal Cohen, 46, of Tacoma, Washington
- Erick Guillermo Calderon, 23, of El Paso, Texas
- Mark Robert Williams, 60, of El Paso, Texas
- Rodrigo Cazares Jr., 34, of El Paso, Texas
- David Patrick Hensley, 55, of Chaparral, New Mexico
- Andres Alberto Munoz, 41, of El Paso, Texas
- Daniel Angel Martinez, 31, of El Paso, Texas
- Mark Aaron Revelle, 25, of Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Robert Serna, 33, of El Paso, Texas
- Jamari Malik Meyers, 20, of El Paso, Texas