EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The site where Pope Francis held mass in Juarez was damaged in a fire.
“El Punto,” the site in Juarez where the Pope visited in 2016, was set on fire on Wednesday night. The fire destroyed a room near the back of the altar, where the fire was set.
According to the Juarez Fire Department, firefighters were able to quickly extinguished the fire.
No arrests have been made.
- Newly elected El Paso GOP Chairman abruptly resigns
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden’s first full day in office, first White House rescue dog could increase pet adoptions
- Celina’s Thursday Forecast on KTSM 9
- COVID-19 update: 18 new virus deaths, 531 new cases
- Weather Authority Alert: Thursday forecast shows for heavy rain in the Borderland