MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Gov. Abbott to give statewide address on mass power outages, winter weather response as Texas recovers
- Texas lawmakers file bill on legalized sports betting — does it have a chance?
- New affordable housing communities now available for housing in Central El Paso
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as agriculture secretary again
- City of El Paso furloughed employees receive layoff notices, executives given pay increases during pandemic