EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Monday morning, officials with the El Paso Police Department (EPPD) provided more details on Sunday’s wreck that sent two children to the hospital.
According to EPPD, 18-year-old Alondra Pacheco was driving her 2012 Nissan Rogue north on Lee Trevino when she ran the red light at Edgemere. Pacheco t-boned a 1995 Chevy Astro Van driven by 34-year-old Daniel Viellela, with five other passengers – three of whom were minors.
After the initial wreck, Pacheco’s Nissan Rogue continued over the median and crashed into the back a Hyundai Accent, driven by 45-year-old Jason Medina.
EPPD officials add that the Special Traffic Investigations Unit is continuing with the investigation.
- Hyundai recalls thousands of cars over exploding seat belt tighteners
- Five takeaways from primaries in Georgia, Alabama and beyond
- Neighbors, town leaders share what spirit of Speedway is all about
- Dutch Bros. responds after deaf customer finds rude message on receipt: ‘Unacceptable’
- Families mourn, worry as victims begin to be identified in wake of elementary school shooting
- Texas school massacre continues states’ grim run of mass shootings