EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The opportunity center for the homeless broke ground today on their new Veterans transitional living center. It will house homeless veterans and will be the third location for homeless vets in El Paso.
The new facility will be located at 1217 Magoffin Avenue and will be able to house twenty people.
According to John Martin, the Deputy Director for the opportunity center for the homeless says the need for the third location comes from COVID.
The current location is setup college dorm style where the bathrooms are shared, but because of COVID there needs to be more privacy.
The Veterans housed at the transitional living center will have access to clothing, food, employment opportunities and much more.
When completed, it will cost 2.4 million dollars.
The Opportunity Center has only raised about 60% of the funds needed and is asking El Pasoans for help.
If you would like to help you can reach out to the Opportunity Center to learn more.
- ABC pulls Backstreet Boys holiday special following Nick Carter assault allegations
- Schumer says Sinema can keep committee assignments after leaving Democratic Party
- CBP officers seize 200 pounds of narcotics in railcar
- Wheat pennies could bring you a pretty penny
- AAA: Dangerous driving behaviors on the rise
- House COVID panel accuses Trump administration of exacerbating the pandemic in its final report