EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – A woman was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash on the city’s eastside Thursday, forcing brief traffic detours at I-10 and Yarbrough.
According to emergency crews, the wreck happened shortly after 10 p.m., in the eastbound lanes of I-10 near Lomaland.
Emergency dispatch confirm a woman was thrown from a bike “at highway speeds” and transported to nearby Del Sol Medical Center with critical injuries.
There is no other information on her identity, current condition or cause of the wreck.
For a brief time, all eastbound traffic was forced to exit the freeway at Yarbrough, and re-enter the highway at Lee Trevino; traffic is again flowing on the interstate, with only the Lomaland exit closed.
As this is a developing story, look for updates as information is received here on KTSM.com and in our newscasts.
- Buying out a car lease: Is it a good idea?
- Teen battling cancer gets career preview from Air Medical Crew
- Locomotive FC earns 2-2 draw on the road at Orange County SC
- Taylor County lifts mandatory orders of evacuation caused by the Mesquite Heat fire
- Chihuahuas fight back in late innings for 4-3 win over Round Rock
- Exclusive 9 Day Forecast: Cooling down on Sunday, back to triple digits next weekend