EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – Ricardo Marquez was found guilty of murder Thursday morning.
The jury took less than six hours deliver their judgement, in the case of Erika Gaytan’s disappearance and presumed murder.
Emotions ran high in the courtroom as Marquez’s family was in attendance, his mother broke down into tears. Gaytan’s family was not there for the verdict.
The trial restarted after a jury issue back in April forced a mistrial, as well as a 10-day pause due to COVID-19 just last week.
The sentencing phase of the trial will begin tomorrow morning. As a first degree felony Marquez can face anywhere from 5 years to life in prison.
- In-N-Out launches own ugly Christmas sweaters
- Biden’s first state dinner draws famous faces
- Five reasons why the Georgia Senate runoff matters
- Inside fake German heiress Anna Sorokin’s immigration battle
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Cold front arrives Saturday
- Canutillo falls to Cooper International in opening day of McDonald’s Classic Basketball Tournament