EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – Ricardo Marquez was found guilty of murder Thursday morning.
The jury took less than six hours deliver their judgement, in the case of Erika Gaytan’s disappearance and presumed murder.
Emotions ran high in the courtroom as Marquez’s family was in attendance, his mother broke down into tears. Gaytan’s family was not there for the verdict.
The trial restarted after a jury issue back in April forced a mistrial, as well as a 10-day pause due to COVID-19 just last week.
The sentencing phase of the trial will begin tomorrow morning. As a first degree felony Marquez can face anywhere from 5 years to life in prison.
- Overturning of Roe v. Wade leads to questions for LGBTQ+
- Chihuahuas fall at Sacramento 3-2 in 10th inning
- Locomotive FC steam roll NY Red Bulls II 5-0 on special night for Sebastian Velasquez
- Jones Brothers host fifth annual Youth Skills Camp
- Monsoon T-Showers All Week; A Couple of Days in the 80s; Heavy Rain Threats — Your 9-Day Forecast
- Chihuahuas score late for 11-8 win in Sacramento