EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso County Sheriff’s Office (EPCSO) officials say a man is dead after an early Saturday morning crash in Far East El Paso.
According to EPCSO, the crash happened shortly before 3:30 a.m. along the 600 block of Mission Ridge Boulevard, approaching the Eastlake subdivisions in far East El Paso.
EPCSO’s Special Traffic Investigators were requested to the scene and their investigation revealed a single vehicle was traveling north on Mission Ridge and for unknown reasons veered off the roadway and hit an electrical pole.
Investigators say the driver, 38-year-old Julio Cesar Garcia, was not wearing a seatbelt and sustained serious injuries.
Emergency crews rushed Garcia to a local area hospital, where he died as a result of his injuries.
Officials say speed and alcohol are not factors in the crash.
EPCSO officials added that no other information was available, as the investigation is ongoing.
- First annual Cliff Tucker Jr. Memorial Youth Basketball Tournament underway
- Chihuahuas hand Space Cowboys 14-5 loss in game five of series
- NM State wins WAC Baseball Tournament Championship, steal automatic bid to NCAA Tournament
- Hot, Gusty Winds Sunday; Lighter Winds Memorial Day; T-Storms Thursday — Your 9-Day Forecast
- Americas defeats Flower Mound Marcus 4-1; advances to Final Four
- LIST: Great movies for your Memorial Day weekend