EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – A man is behind bars after he allegedly kidnapped a driver at gunpoint then stole their vehicle in late June.
According to the El Paso Police Department, 28-year-old Samson Conan Vaughn was arrested and charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated robbery on July 1st.
On Sunday, June 19, police from the Mission Valley Regional Command were sent to 7301 North Loop for an aggravated robbery call. Their investigation showed that Vaughn pointed a weapon at a victim while in their car parked outside a Central El Paso 7-11 store.
Vaughn then forced the victim to drive to a location in the Mission Valley and then ended up stealing the vehicle.
EPPD officials say that Vaughn was found on Friday, July 1 along the 3900 block of Dyer and was placed under arrest on the following charges:
- Charge 1: aggravated kidnapping, $200,000 bond
- Charge 2: aggravated robbery, $150,000
- Five things to watch in Alaska, Wyoming primaries
- 10-year-old loses part of his leg after shark attack in Florida Keys: reports
- Zapata County getting $2M to dredge Rio Grande as drought drags on
- Candidate pushes for united border congressional delegation
- Customs officers find meth, fentanyl hidden in basket of laundry
- Youngest victim of Juarez’s recent violent attacks laid down to rest