EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Friday is the 26th Anniversary of the founding of Nexstar, our parent company has been celebrating Founder’s Day.
As part of the celebration, employees from around two hundred Nexstar stations across the United States volunteer in their home communities.
Today KTSM volunteered at the El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank and the Salvation Army. Meteorologist and Studio 9 Host Robert Bettes volunteered at the food bank, and said he was grateful to be there.
“Every single person who has come through this line, oh thank you so much, its really grateful, I’m grateful to be here.”
Susan Goodell, CEO of El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank says she is so thankful to have volunteers especially on a Friday which is their busiest day.
“We are so grateful to channel nine and all the volunteers that come out to help us,” said Goodell.
Nexstar media group is the largest television and media company in the country. Journalists throughout the company have see how nonprofits are beneficial to the community so very year we volunteer in our cities to better serve and give back.
- Highland Park shooting person of interest named
- PHOTOS: Chaos unfolds as gunman opens fire at Highland Park Fourth of July parade
- Documents show Palestine man admitted to involvement in San Antonio smuggling incident
- Biden says federal law enforcement will assist with hunt for July 4 shooter
- Ukraine, Zelensky wish US a happy July 4th, release video of military band playing ‘Star-Spangled Banner’
- Nearby July 4 events canceled after Chicago area mass shooting