EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – On Saturday, October 1st, authorities in Juarez announced that the number of murders declined in September.
According to law enforcement officials in Juarez, during the month of September there were 93 murders, 30 fewer when compared to August’s total of 123.
Officials say August’s total includes the 11 people that were murdered during the riot that took place in CeReSo prison.
During the mid-August riot, 12 others were injured, and the violence forced some schools and businesses to close.
To date, officials in Juarez estimate 810 murders have occurred in the city for 2022.
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Cold front arrives Saturday
- Canutillo falls to Cooper International in opening day of McDonald’s Classic Basketball Tournament
- As the holidays near, real Christmas tree prices rise in El Paso
- Sun Bowl director: Selection process down to 4 teams ahead of Selection Sunday
- NM State responds to Peake’s call to Aggie locker room, status at university
- Report: Prosecutor quits amid capital murder trial against ex-border agent