EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El paso native, Jacob Isaiah Arellano, was killed over a week ago by a wrong-way driver.
Funeral services were held on Friday, Oct. 21 at Saint Peter and Paul Catholic church in the Lower valley followed by the burial at Mount Carmel Cemetery. Law enforcement from Dallas and El Paso attended the service to show their respects for Jacob.
Over 120 Dallas police officers showed up for Arellano and his family.
“We say that the family is a part of the Dallas pd life forever, we mean that, which is why we’re here.”Eddie Garcia
Jacob graduated from Socorro high school and later attended NMSU. He joined the Dallas Police Department in June of 2019. Victor Perales, a family friend of Arellano says he was a good one.
Jacob was a loving father, fiancé, son, brother, uncle, grandson and nephew.
- Tiger Woods on competing: ‘I don’t have much left in this leg’
- Warnock campaign releases ads in Vietnamese, Mandarin, Korean to mobilize AAPI voters
- San Francisco will allow police to deploy robots that kill
- What to watch as Arizona moves to certify 2022 election amid GOP pushback
- Election certification delays are few, but a ‘test run’ for 2024
- Kim Kardashian and Ye settle divorce, averting custody trial