EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Tuesday morning, beneath a column of smoke that could be seen for miles, Juarez fire crews battled a large, stubborn fire at a recycling plant on the city’s southside.
According to officials, the fire broke out Monday night at an auto recycling plant. The fire started in what officials simply describe as a ‘big mountain of old vehicles.’
Vehicles are taken from this pile, compacted and sold for scrap.
Fire officials add that their crews continue to battle the stubborn blaze Tuesday morning. There are no reports of injuries.
- Guitarist Carlos Santana collapses during performance in Michigan
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances continue this week
- Man arrested after stabbing attempt, fleeing deputies
- Downtown CVS to close down for good
- FDA temporarily suspends order banning sales of Juul
- UT Austin now tracking drug overdoses in Texas