EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Now its dads turn to be celebrated and the El Paso Public Library and the Great Khalid Foundation are teaming up to host a bilingual essay contest for children in their honor.
The essay contest requires children write a brief essay as to why they love their father or a father figure; “I love my dad because….” Participants can write about their father or father figures such as uncles, grandfathers, older brothers, or others who have served as a fatherly influence.
The contest is free and open to young people in two categories: ages 5 to 12 and 13 to 18. The deadline to submit an entry in English or Spanish is June 10.
A panel of judges will select two winners from each category. Winners will receive a prize package to give to their paternal figure on Father’s Day.
Additional information, including entry forms, is available on the El Paso Public Library website www.elpasolibrary.org.
- Buying out a car lease: Is it a good idea?
- Teen battling cancer gets career preview from Air Medical Crew
- Locomotive FC earns 2-2 draw on the road at Orange County SC
- Taylor County lifts mandatory orders of evacuation caused by the Mesquite Heat fire
- Chihuahuas fight back in late innings for 4-3 win over Round Rock
- Exclusive 9 Day Forecast: Cooling down on Sunday, back to triple digits next weekend