ALAMOGORDO, NM (KTSM) – According to Alamogordo Police, the father of a 2-month-old infant was arrested Friday, after the baby was found with severe injuries.
Jason Herrera, of Alamogordo was arrested Friday after a days-long investigation in to a situation that happened on Tuesday, May 17 when police and first responders rushed to the house after a 911 call.
On Tuesday, May 17, 2022, the Alamogordo Police Department (APD) officers were sent to the 1000 block of Mescalero Avenue in reference to a 2-month-old infant choking.
Upon arrival, an APD Detective located the infant not breathing. Officials say the father began CPR while waiting for the arrival of AMR. AMR continued life saving measures as they rushed the infant to Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center.
Emergency Department staff at Gerald Champion were able to stabilize the infant for life flight to a hospital in El Paso.
During the investigation, detectives learned the infant had injuries that were inconsistent with parental statements and life saving measures.
Herrera is in custody at the Otero County Detention Center.
Officials say the infant has been upgraded from critical condition to stable condition as he continues to be
treated in El Paso.
- Guitarist Carlos Santana collapses during performance in Michigan
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances continue this week
- Man arrested after stabbing attempt, fleeing deputies
- Downtown CVS to close down for good
- FDA temporarily suspends order banning sales of Juul
- UT Austin now tracking drug overdoses in Texas