EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso Police continue to investigate a shooting at a Central El Paso motel overnight.
Central Regional Command officers were sent to the 1300 block of North Mesa shortly after 3:30 a.m. Tuesday morning on a shots fired call.
When officers arrived, the scene was clear and no one came forward to confirm the call.
Two hours later, the 34-year-old Samuel Lares walked into the emergency room of a nearby hospital with a gunshot wound.
Crimes Against Persons were sent to the hospital, where Lares told detectives that he was involved in a fight with three other people at the Budget Lodge Motel, where he was assaulted.
Police continue to investigate the incident.
- Dog days of summer adoption event
- River Cats top Chihuahuas 5-3 in Sunday series finale
- Rare “Cool Front” Causes Westside Gusts Tonight; Scattered T-Showers with Front — Your 9-Day Forecast
- These states saw the biggest gas price drops
- SCOTUS abortion decision prompts increase in requests for vasectomies, getting tubes tied in Central Texas
- Emhoff to lead delegation for Marcos’ inauguration in Philippines