EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Officials with the El Paso Police Department (EPPD) released details of a situation that ended with officers tasering a 10-year-old girl.
According to EPPD officials, the incident took place on Sunday, April 3, along the 4600 block of Atlas in Northeast El Paso.
Officers, along with the Crisis Intervention Team, were sent to the home on a call of a ‘suicidal girl, armed with a knife.’
According to EPPD, the girl’s parents were unable to restrain her and she fled before officers arrived.
The girl was taken into Emergency Detention, according to the EPPD news release. No other information was released by officials.
If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, contact the Emergence Crisis Hotline (Mental Health Crisis) 24/7: 915.779.1800
- UPDATE: Mesquite Heat fire creeps towards 10,000 acres burning in Taylor County, estimated 50-60 homes destroyed
- Lawmakers push for Active Shooter Alert Act in wake of mass shootings
- 2020 Census likely miscounted these 14 states
- Senate Democrats say Republicans are ‘plotting’ for national abortion ban
- Grubhub’s ‘free lunch for New York City’ deal goes awry
- Man who attacked Dave Chappelle charged with attempted murder for unrelated stabbing of roommate